Saturday, February 11, 2012

Literacy...How Is It All Connected?

What is literacy? Wikipedia states that it is "the ability to read for knowledge and write coherently and think critically about the written word.There are so many new forms of literacy today that go way beyond reading and writing! We are so lucky to have the technology and information readily available in society today. There are many ways that these types of literacy are interconnected. Below is a graphic that shows the ways that I see the forms of literacy connecting in an almost circular infinite manner. Everyone would likely have a different viewpoint of the connections, this is just what I see!


In addition to the graphic, I have a link to the explanation of why my mind sees the literacy connections this way. I also have a definition of each literacy and an example of how it might be used in a classroom utilizing digital tools. I hope that this opens your world to all the literacy that surrounds us every day! Please click on the"New Literacies...Explained" link below and check it out!




New Literacies...Explained

No comments:

Post a Comment